Several ATM operators in Australia now offer fee-free withdrawals. Please ensure you check the ATM for any fees before completing a transaction
Plus, being a Citibank customer gives you access to our international network of Citibank ATMs globally.
Pay all your bills displaying the BPAY® logo via Citibank Online or by calling Citiphone Self Service Banking (13 24 84 or + 61 2 8225 0615 if you are overseas).
BPAY® allows you to:
- Pay your bills at a time that suits you, day or night
- Choose the payment date that suits you - up to 90 days in advance
- Avoid waiting in queues to pay your bills
- Quickly pay the same biller next time, as we store their details for you
- Pay bills to over 16,000 companies including phone, electricity and water bills.
If your bill displays the BPAY® logo, you will be able to pay it directly from your everyday transaction account or credit card.
You can also use BPAY® to make payment to your Citibank account, by using the following Biller Codes, and entering your Citibank account number as the customer reference number
- Credit Cards: 49502
- Mortgages: 49510
- Personal Loan: 49593
- Ready Credit & Diners Club Credit Line: 49528
- Personal Credit: 49726
- Business Credit: 49734
As a Citibank customer you can do your everyday banking at any of the 3,200 Australia Post retail outlets that display the Bank@Post™ sign. You simply need your Citibank Debit card or Credit card and PIN linked to your Citibank account to:
- Deposit cash of up to AUD9,000 per day (allow 48 hours for the payment to reach your account)
- Deposit cheques of any amount (allow 7 business days for the cheque to clear)
- Withdraw up to AUD1,000 per day (via EFTPOS, cash or cash advance)
- Check your account balances.
Australia Post Outlets are open Monday to Friday and some are also open on Saturday, so now it is even easier to bank when it suits you. Find you your closest Bank@Post location.
National Australia Bank
National Australia Bank accepts deposits into your Citibank everyday transaction accounts and home loan accounts:
- Cash payments will reach your account the next business day (or Saturday if deposited on Friday). If you are depositing cash you can use a National Australia Bank deposit slip.
- Cheque payments (or a mixture of cheque and cash payments) will reach your account in three business days, however funds will be considered received the day the cheque is deposited. If you are depositing funds by cheque, you must use a pre-encoded deposit book.